Saturday, February 19, 2011

malabrigo swap winter 2011 - received

I just got an AMAZING package from Bethany, aka psammeadred, for the Winter 2011 Malabrigo Swap on Ravelry!

Funny thing that I must share before I get to the goodies: I was stalking the delivery confirmation numbers for the swap this morning, and noticed that Bethany’s parcel was out for delivery in my city. Well, my daughters always get in the swapping mode when they know a package might be coming, and they were on the look-out for the mail truck all morning, hiding under bushes and behind tree trunks, waiting to ambush the postal delivery man! LOVE!! The entire family was home to help me dig in--and everything was unwrapped and being discovered in record time.

The theme for this swap was The Simple Life:
  • 2-3 skeins of Malabrigo (they can be sent as is or knitted/crocheted into something for your partner)
  • Something edible or drinkable
  • Something to read or listen to (book/pattern(s)/CD/audiobook)
  • Something your partner can’t live without (something THEY say they can’t live without)
Mother Nature favors me today, what with the sunshine and warmth, so I took photos outside! Here’s the loot:


For the yarn category, Bethany graced me with three cakes of Malabrigo Merino Worsted in Tuareg! The color is fandamntastic! As soon as I saw it, I knew that I already had big plans for it!


Something Drinkable includes three types of tea from a local teahouse! There’s Sweet Almond, Raspberry Vanilla Green (OMG!), and Lavender Earl Gray (my favorite EVER!). They are individually packaged in little heart tins with clear tops so you can see the beautiful colors of the herbs. So pretty!


For Something to read or listen to, Bethany picked Douglas Adams’s The Salmon of Doubt and a set of bright and spunky ear buds with interchangeable colors. I haven’t read this one yet, but I heart Douglas Adams so friggin’ much!


Finally, and with great suspense, the Cannot Live Without, which is nature and things that grow! -- A lovely gardening apron with yellow and blue butterflies, the books Colorful Hanging Baskets by Evelegh and Patterson and The Window Box Book by Fausch, and organic seeds for a kaleidoscope mix of carrots, a carnival mix of peppers, moon & stars watermelon, and mammoth melting peas! PERFECT, especially since we will be starting our seeds in less than a month!


 

A huge "Thank You!" goes out to Bethany for the time and thoughtfulness she put into this wonderful package! Everything coordinates beautifully! I cannot put into words how much I love everything! She really nailed this stalking thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment