Friday, February 18, 2011

crafting for my valentines

We have been busy lately, knitting and crafting away! We made some really fun projects that are hanging around the house for Valentine's Day.

First of all, my knitting--I made these lovely socks, and they're for me! Yippee! I used the pattern BFF Socks by Cookie A. from the book knit. sock. love. I used Knit Picks Palette in Raspberry Heather on US 2. I had trouble with the heel not lining up with the cables, so I did the following set up:

K1. Heel begins here. K1, p2, (Cable Decrease, p2, k2, p2) 3 times. Cable Decrease, p2, k1. Turn.

After this project, I may stay away from cables for a while. Whew!

 

The girls painted paper decorations and wooden hearts to hang around the house to celebrate the holiday. The purple and blue hearts are Eva's, the red ones are Esme's.




We made watercolor-painted paper lanterns to hang on the mantle. Evelyn's friend came over to help with this project.


Finally, Esme's wonderful still-life, done with celery dipped in acrylic paint and stamped on construction paper. The leaves are teeny toddler thumbprints.

1 comment:

  1. I love the celery painting, I never would have thought of doing that.

    ReplyDelete