It seems with every season change, I am ever more aware of the ticking of the clock, the passing of another year. With each holiday, I get caught up in the joy and celebration and love of our family and friends. But once the holiday is gone, I need time to stop and reflect, to remember, to share. I want to linger in the memories and embrace the traditions we cherish.
What sweet memories do I carry away from this holiday season?
* Exchanging cookies with family and friends
* Classic carols sung and favorite books read over and over
* Cold, quiet nights spent sitting around the fire while sipping cups of tasty hot things
* The handmades -- dyed yarn, ornaments, hats and scarves and gloves, clothes and bags
* Snow in time for our celebration with my in-laws -- a white Christmas
The holidays are over. Tomorrow, we all go back to the normal grind. I will miss the coziness of the house decorated for the Yuletide season. And, again, 2012, I welcome you and the wonder of the new beginning you promise us.