Tuesday, June 22, 2010

on the needles

I just finished the cutest knitting project ever! As a gift for David for Father's Day, I knit up this little elephant. The pattern, Flower Power Elephant, is from Ala Ela on Ravelry. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it. This little guy was a very fast knit. He is nearly a foot long and occasionally tips forward since his trunk is so top-heavy. If you decide to knit one of these guys, I recommend placing a couple of rocks or weights in the rump to weigh it down a little.



I used the lovely Malabrigo Merino Worsted that I got last month in the Mal swap. I still have quite a bit of yarn left, and I thought I would knit up Maddox the Mischievous Monster from DangerCrafts with some of the leftovers.

And with the arrival of yet more babies, I knit a few more bibs to hand out as gifts. I really like the first one, which I adapted from the versatile Baby Bib'O Love pattern from Mason-Dixon Knitting. I did not get a good photo of the second bib, though, as I gifted it and forgot to snap a picture. But I used the pattern for the Petal Bib from One Skein in a rich brown cotton.



I also knit this hair bow for my eight-year-old daughter from Stefanie Fail's Moss Stitch Bow Headband. I shrunk down the size by CO 9 sts and worked until about 5 inches long. For the center piece, I CO 3 sts and did a few rows.


And, currently in progress, I am knitting another bib as well as a little shrug from the Malabrigo that David gave me for my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment