Monday, May 31, 2010

recieved: it's all in the bag

I know, I know... It's been a good couple of weeks since I received my swap package from Amber and I haven't posted about it yet. But, I am on vacation now, so I should have some time to get some things on my ever-growing to-do list crossed off.

The swap is for the Malabrigo Swap Group on Ravelry. As I explained in my previous post, the theme for this round is It's All in the Bag--a project bag theme, where everything sent to the spoiler must fit inside a knitter's project bag. The only other rule is that only one skein of yarn can be sent. It was a secret swap, which means I had no idea who would be 'stalking' me and sending me a package. I was thoroughly surprised when I opened my box from Amber to find the best smelling, most wonderful OWL bag by Dancing Sheep!! The colors are perfect and it’s so absolutely cute! I LOVE IT!


The skein of Malabrigo is to DIE for! It is worsted in Sauterne--and it’s perfect! I love the bright color! I have lovely plans for this yarn!


I also got this beautiful shawl pin made from reclaimed wood (I love that idea!):


Amber also included notions out the wazoo: post-it flags for pattern tracking as well as some cute ‘s’ post-its, a pair of AWESOME folding mini-scissors, stitch markers, unscented SOAK (which is a gentle wool wash), and T-pins for blocking my knitting! And she gave me Mad-Libs!!! I love Mad-Libs! Eva and I did the first two puzzles over breakfast the morning after my package arrived, and we have done a few since then!


She also got me a lovely one-of-a kind sheep mug made by a local Mariland artist! I have already enjoyed countless cups of hot tea in it! This mug is already my new favorite! And, I’m sure you’re asking what made the package smell so good, right? It’s the soaps from a local soapmaker (you’re right, Amber, they are heavenly!) and a beautiful embroidered sachet filled with dried lavender! Add some Burt’s Bees Lip Balm and some yummy dark chocolate-hazelnut and I’m set!



And on the CD were the patterns, Maddox the Mischievous Monster and In Threes--A Baby Cardigan. Here is a picture of all of this awesomeness together:

 
I am surprised Amber got all of this wonderful loot in one tiny little project bag! Amber is the best! This was such a kind, thoughtful, and generous gift. Everything is so…me!! I am beyond giddy with how awesome this package is! My thanks go out to Amber for all the heart you put into the package!

No comments:

Post a Comment