Monday, May 10, 2010

my mother's day 2010

My mother's day was absolutely beautiful! I woke up at 7:30 to a quiet house, a brisk 45 degrees outside and a hound dog snuggled behind my knees. My mother in law surprised me by sending a beautiful card and several photos of me and the girls over the last year, which my hubby left for me to find on the dining room table! Lovely! Here is one of the wonderful pictures:


We hurried to get ready for brunch with my parents and my brother and his girlfriend at Golden Corral, my mom's choice. It was unbelievably busy and we got there with only a few minutes before 11:00, right as they switched to their lunch buffet, which is a shame since it is a meat-lover's dream and not very vegetarian friendly. But it was of course nice to catch up with the family!

After brunch, I declared an official craft day. The girls made my mom's mother's day gift: they painted pots and planted flowers in them for her--Evelyn picked white petunias and Esme chose a red geranium. The girls also made lovely cards for my mom. Here they are, painting the pots:



 After the Mother's Day goodies were done, we started working on some crafts for our Mother and Child craft swap, which is turning out to be a lot of fun. I cannot say what we are doing now, but we will totally post pictures after they have been received by their partners! We also fired the new kiln for the first time--David glazed three bonsai trays--so we will see how that goes.

Once we cleaned up our craft mess, we made Boca brats and fries for a special picnic dinner and worked in the garden a little. Finally, I took the girls over to see my parents and give my mom her gifts, which were very well received! All in all, it was a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment