Sunday, February 26, 2012

my week

This week was a busy one. I have still been spending nearly all my extra time building Heartbeat Artistry's online presence. But, to get out of the house, the girls and I met up with a few friends and saw the new Studio Ghibli film, The Secret World of Arrietty, which is based on one of our favorite children's books, the 1953 novel The Borrowers by Mary Norton.


The telltale imagination of a Studio Ghibli film was perfectly captured in this story, which follows the life of the tiny people who live hidden from "human beans" beneath the floorboards of a quiet country house. The daughter, Arrietty, is seen by one of the "beans," which leads to an exciting and suspenseful adventure. The movie was just as delightful and fantastical as the book.

Yesterday, I was quite under the weather. I took a nice long nap in the morning, but it did not help that I awoke to the shock of finding the kid's play room a complete wreck. A disaster. Debris everywhere. I could barely even get the door open. In fact, it was so far gone, that I had to take a picture. You likely would not have believed me otherwise.


I recruited Esme to help me tidy. She even boxed up a handful toys to pass along to someone else. We will be moving rooms around soon so that we can paint and repurpose a room or two. I will try to post before and after photos of the remodel for your viewing pleasure. The rest of the morning was spent on a few chores around the house to catch up on things--laundry, dishes, and straightening up my desk. As for the afternoon, I spent most of the day parked on the couch to revive my good health. Two of my kitties cuddled with me to help move my recovery along, first fluffy Butler, then sweet Midnight.



My knitting also kept me company today. I worked on a hat for my dear cousin's new baby to wear after her birth. The first one I made turned out to be too large for a newborn, so I adjusted the pattern very slightly. I will post photos as soon as the hat is gifted.

I have a handful of goals for the next few days. First of all, this cold needs to go. Next, I need to clear the toy room of furniture and toys and prepare to paint the walls. Finally, I need to figure out another knitting project to keep me going in the evenings during story time.

But in the meantime? I have my happy girls to read to me and my dear husband to brew hot tea for me to sip as I get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment